Following the Government’s announcement to allow close contact professions to return to treating, I am in the process of preparing everything to make it safe and hygienic for me and my clients to return. It has been a very long, stressful and surreal time for many in which I can appreciate the need to return to normality as soon as possible. But this can also throw up concerns and anxiety in many, so I am just double checking everything is in place for a safe return.
The new normal for many will be filled with face masks, hand sanitiser and risk assessments. I have closely monitored all my governing bodies legislation and guidance to ensure that my client’s safety is at the forefront of any treatment. As a result, there are a few changes that I have had to make to implement the control of cross infection.
- Prior to any treatment, a risk assessment will be carried out on myself as well as my client, to ensure that they are healthy and displaying no signs of Covid
- All new clients will have a full consultation over the phone prior to the appointment to reduce the face to face time
- Card payments only – I won’t be able to except any cash transactions
- Where possible, client’s own couch/sofa is to be used with a footstool for the treatment. If this is not possible, I will bring my couch which will be covered and cleaned for each session
- If any pillows or blankets are required, these will have to be supplied by the client
- Myself and client will have to wear a mask for the whole treatment, if you do not have a mask, I can supply a disposable mask for a 50p charge
- Hand sanitiser will be used before, during and after every treatment and I will supply any for my client before and after signing a consent form
- I will wear gloves on entering any property, but gloves will be removed and disposed of before the treatment. Hands will then be sanitised from there on. I will then re-apply gloves following the treatment
- Feet will be sanitised using anti-bacterial wipes
Due to my children being off until September, I will have limited availability, but I will do my best to fit you in.
At present only clients that are not deemed high risk will be able to receive treatments, but this will then be reassessed in August following the governments guidelines.
If you have any concerns, questions or require further information, please don’t hesitate to get in contact. I will do my best to help, but as this is a new situation for myself, there maybe some uncertainties for myself also.
I will be closely monitoring and abiding by the AoR Policy, FHT policy and the governments guidelines.
Many thanks for all of your support and understanding during these worrying times. I hope you are all well and I look forward to seeing you all soon.